I am a wife, mother, sister, shopper and blogger.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Family Day

Well, Christmas eve and Christmas day were wonderful.  We were with family and enjoyed every minute.  As I get older I seem to realize how quickly time passes by.  Like Oprah, I am trying to learn to live in the moment.  Being with family this weekend I tried to do just that.  Sitting there looking at our family as they each opened their gifts was just awesome.  We have been so fortunate to have such a respectful family.  My husband and I just look at each other and we are both thinking, how did we do this?  When you get married people usually don't read books on telling you how to raise good kids.  We have 4 children,  I am not saying that we didn't have our challenges.  Like the time when we were at Penn State for # 1 & #2's graduation, and # 3 was home babysitting # 4 (because he had a playoff game).  # 3 decided to send # 4 to a friends house so he could have his own graduation party.  We received a call from our home town police and said their was a party at our house and what would we like to do.  My husband told the policeman to get everyone out of the house, (of course they were already out of the house due to the fact that one of kid # 3's friend called him and said that he heard on a police scanner that they were directed to our address) and we would handle it when we got home the next day.  Kid # 3 lost his privilege of going to senior week.  So we did have a few problems along the way, and thankfully we all made it through those rough teenage year.  When we are all together and reminiscing about things that happened growing up, that story has been the topic of many a conversations at our dinner table.  We can all laugh about it now.  All I can say is that we have been blessed.
I guess the point of the story is that enjoy every minute with your children and loved ones, because it passes all too quickly.  When we talk about retirement now, we think we should have saved more money when we were younger.  We both look at each other and laugh because who would have ever thought when we were younger that we would grow old, but that is a story for another time.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like my little man's first two years have gone by in a flash...I can only imagine how fast the next twenty will go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I read this post at this moment...I was getting frustrated with my 5-year-old over something and she just stomped out of the room. I need to be more patient and not sweat the small stuff, because before I know it, she'll be grown, as will her little brother. :) Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such nice comments! Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...