I am a wife, mother, sister, shopper and blogger.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The New Office

Well Happy Saturday everyone!  I have to get myself going.  Did not sleep well last night.  Too excited about making an office in our spare room.  It would be my "Lady Cave".  I have a beautiful cherry desk that I am working with now.  I would like to purchase two tall bookcases to flank the sides of it.  This is my big question.  I can't decide if my color for those should be black or white.  The color of the room is kind of yellowish/gold.  I would like to put in a chair and another long table for crafting, sewing etc.  I have an old buffet that I could use that for, and I would like to paint it as well.  OK, this is the question.  What color should those extra pieces ( shelves and buffet ) be, black or white?  Do I want to black and sophisticated or white and girlie?  Any sugestions ladies?  I could really use your help.

Thanks,
Susan

11 comments:

  1. I say white, the operative word you used more than once was GIRL!!! This is YOUR Space write down your favorite colors and design elements and make sure you have those in your space!!! Sounds fun!
    Thank you soooo much for your visits, your comments and your uplifting words on my blog. I think we all need good readers like you in our lives, as bloggers. I really appreciate YOU!!
    Hugs and Happy Saturday,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. White is cottagy and girly, if that's the way you want to go with the room. Either sounds great and the best part...room of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh you lucky lady!I would love to have a home office space all my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went with white and ended up painting them a sort of dark spice...but I love warm, autumn colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gut reaction is that black would look more stunning with the cherry wood. But I'm also a little fixated with black furniture lately, so I might be biased!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say to do the black. It will be richer and more sophisticated. How wonderful to have a
    room of your own! Do post lots of pics for us to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sounds fabulous! I'd say white, not so much for it being girlie, but just because I always feel like white makes a room look/feel bigger. But both sound fantastic in there! Let us know which you choose and enjoy your new space :) xoxo, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I am still on the fence, leaning toward white though. I will post pictures when I am done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love white -it's timeless and full of light.

    http://design-elements-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping in to say hi! Hope your week is going well :) xoxo PS. Hope your paint color decision is coming along smoothly. Anxious to hear which you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Annemarie, I haven't been able to get out and get my shelves due to weather. I will def post pictures when it is complete.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...