I am a wife, mother, sister, shopper and blogger.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nonna & Megan day

All I can say is we had a fabulous day, just the two of us.  Megan is my grand daughter and I just love spending time with her.  We went out to breakfast first.  We wanted to get some energy for shopping!

You're a hot mess and I'm falling for y o u ♥


Then we went to Produce Junction to buy flowers for Easter.  I wanted to make some arrangements for my daughter's house since we are all going there for Easter.

Ido-Weddings - Tulip Wedding Bouquets (by Jennine) Any tulip...

FOREVEREXQ

  One dozen roses for $7.00!  We bought 3 dozen roses, some baby's breath,
and a few flowers for my garden.  It gets so crowded in the parking lot, thankfully I found a space as soon as I pulled in.  It is amazing how friendly people are around a holiday.  It was so nice, everyone was commenting on each others flowers they were picking out.

We took the flowers home and put them in water right away, and headed back out for some more shopping! 

Megan found a pair of white sandals that she loved, and said they would match her Easter dress perfectly.  Of course Nonna had to buy them for her.  I just said it was the first part of her birthday present since we are celebrating her 7th birthday on Easter.  She thinks that her birthday lasts for a whole week!  It sure does seem that way.  Then Nonna had to find a pair of jeans.  Everyone keeps teasing me about how short my everyday jeans are.  I found 3 pair, and believe me I have a very hard time finding jeans.  I do have a couple of nice pair of jeans, but they are just a little too tight right now!
The diet starts Monday!!!

Back home we both worked in my office for a while.  She made her mom & dad a very nice Easter card, and I did some blog reading.  Then we made flower arrangements.  I made three arrangements from all those flowers.  I forgot to take pictures!  I will get some pic's on Easter.  I hope they last that long!  Next it was time for a Mani & pedi for Megan.  We picked a pretty pink. She was so excited and said that she was all set for Easter!
    I think I enjoy her so much because she is such a "girly girl".  After raising 3 boys and 1 daughter, we really needed to get more girls in the family and thankfully Megan is it so far.  We have a grandson and another grandson on the way.  I sure hope we get more girls when the other two married son's start having children.  God knows when that will be!  Don't get me wrong, there is nothing like a mother and son's love, but girls are just girls, and we have more in common.  Things to share and do that boys don't really want to do.

My daughter picked Megan up around 6:30, and I miss her already.  We are really looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

I wish you all a joyous holiday with family and friends!

Susan

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. It is so touching to hear about a nice day between the 2 of you. It sounds like she's a very lucky girl to have such a great Nonna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is 14 and still ahhhhdores spending time with my Mama. They are so very close, it makes my heart so full of joy! There is no relationship any more beautiful. Happy Easter to you and your family!

    Love,
    Mrs. Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol & Mrs Kindergarten, thank you so much for your comments. Yes, I sure hope we stay close for a very long time. My daughter was close with my mom until her passing. It is such a remarkable time for us.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day! Megan is very lucky to have a grandma like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so look forward to sharing these kind of times with my little Princess when she is older. Such sweet memories! Love, love the flowers and what a deal! Wish we had a place like that around here.

    Blessings for a beautiful Easter with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore spending time with my Godchildren. Everything seems so much more lively when they are around, and it amazes me the little things I miss in life as a "boring" adult :)

    $7 for a dozen roses? I sure wish we had a Produce Junction around here!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a new grandson?? congratulations!! that's so very exciting!
    i'm glad you and meghan had a great day together! some of my favorite memories growing up are of spending time with my gram!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...