I am a wife, mother, sister, shopper and blogger.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The story of my Life!

 
Well I decided to play along with Emptynester over at Empty Nest today.  She is so funny and such a great writer.  You should hop over and check her out. http://emptynest1.blogspot.com/  Her friend started this blog hop Wednesday Words of Weight Loss, check her out too. http://www.everydayruralty.com/
I guess you just really answer the questions, and while you are in the process of doing that, it really makes you think about why we eat.  Ever since I had my children I have kept a little bit of weight on.  Don't get me wrong, I have lost weight at one time or another.  I know I can do it because I have done it before.  It is all a mind set that you have to put yourself in.  I love being thinner because I just feel better.  Since I have had my accident, it has been really hard to do anything.  You can read about my accident  here . My ankle seems fine, just stiff, but it's the knee that is giving me the most trouble.  When you have a fractured knee, they really don't do anything about it.  It has to heal on it's own.  So it depends on the day, sometimes I limp and sometimes I don't.  What I am really saying is that it is hard to exercise right now, which has not helped my weight, not one little bit! 
So these are the questions for this week.
 
1. Are you happy with your recent attempts at healthy eating?
Not really.  I need to eat more vegetables.  My sweet tooth has been out of control.


2. Do you ever put off things because you don't want to do them unless you look/feel better?
Yes, we have a wedding to go to in May, and I should really look for a dress, I am not sure if any of the ones I have still fit me.  I would like to look 15lbs thinner.  Do you know where I can get a dress like that?


3. Did you get all dressed up for Easter when you were a kid?
Oh yes, Easter hat, gloves and all.  It was a very special day and everyone I knew wore a new outfit.

4. Do you have more of an appetite in warm weather or cold weather?
It really doesn't matter, I seem to like all seasons to eat.  The summer does make you think a little more because you are not all bundled up in sweaters, so people can see if you have a little muffin top!


5. Have you done anything this past week that you could describe as "being kind to yourself"?
I am kind to myself every morning when I take the time to read what my blogger friends have to say.  I have learned so much from all of you.  You have inspired me to refinish furniture, be more aware of my eating habits, decorating my home with new ideas, and learn how to take great pictures.  I am kind to myself by learning new things through all of you.  Thank you all so much!



Susan

2 comments:

  1. What a neat post and definitely "food for thought." I love the question, "what makes us eat." I can thank my precious Mom for teaching me the principal of "eat to live, don't live to eat." Good words and even better if we live by them. Enjoyed stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you joined in today! And your responses were wonderful! It's actually helpful to read what others are going through.

    You are so sweet to mention me! It made me smile and blush all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...