I am a wife, mother, sister, shopper and blogger.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Rainy Days

I like the rain, especially when it starts to cool things off.  It's really great if you don't have to go out that day!

Rainy Days

We really needed rain, now we seem to have an excess.  We had more rain these last few days then we normally have for a whole summer.
During the dry spell, I was so worried about our grass that I watered the lawn every day.  Now my husband said that it seems like we just watered the weeds. The front yard is filled with weeds!  We live in a community where they take care of your lawn, mow your grass and shovel the snow for you, which is great, but I think they need to plant some more grass for us.  It looks like our lawn is the worst in the neighborhood. I was
told that now we just have to wait until it is time for grass planting.

 Grass


I just finished reading 'The Help'.  I loved it!  Now I can't wait to see the movie.  If you haven't read the book I highly recommend it.  I was impressed with this writer, Katherine Stockett.  It was her first novel as well.  It was sad, funny and very well written.  Put it on your summer/fall reading list.  Although, it has been out for a while and in paperback so I may be the last person in America to have read it.

We had our first book club meeting Friday night.  We had 9 ladies show up.  We decided to pick an older James Patterson book, 'You've been warned'.  Many ladies had already read some of the newer best sellers so we were a little limited on what to read.  I am really looking forward to this.  I made a fruit salad and some canoli's, beverage's were wine or ice tea. One of our ladies brought a big box of wine and some apps.  She is very excited about the book club as well, can ya tell. 

Today is my daughter's birthday, 34 years old.  Her daughter told her that she couldn't come up stairs because she was getting all dressed up for her mothers birthday.  I have to post this picture, because she is only 7 years old and acts like she is 15!  God help us through those teen years.

She told her mother that she even dressed up her American girl doll, Ashley.  Very Chanel don't ya think!

Have an awesome day!

Susan


2 comments:

  1. i just read the help, too! i'm not always a fan of oprah, so when she recommends something i tend to avoid it. the book was lovely, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that The Help was written very intelligently. But I get so angry about prejudice that I'm not sure I can read it. I'm still thinking about it.

    What a precious granddaughter! And, yes, very Channel indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...