I am a wife, mother, sister, shopper and blogger.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving & Snow!

I can't believe it, I am sitting here watching the Thanksgiving day parade (I keep switching back and forth from Macy's NY and Philadelphia parade), and it is snowing here in Collegeville, PA!  It just started in Philadelphia as well!  I love it.  I have my yams cooking for my special Sweet Potato casserole, and my Turkey will go in the oven very soon.  The first snow of the season.  I love watching the snow.  It makes me want to burrow down and make soup.  You see that is what I use to do when we had a full house of kids still living here.  School would be called off and everyone know Mom would make soup.  We would all shovel the driveway, come in have Hot Chocolate and start the soup!  Such great memories.  Now we are empty Nester's and downsized to a little community.  I will be taking the turkey to our daughters house where all the family will gather, since she has the big house now.  I still insist on making the Turkey.  I found this wonderful Brine at William Sonoma a few years ago and have been using it ever since.  My turkeys have never been as moist as they are now since using this wonderful Brine. 
I just want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, hopefully everyone will be spending it with their loved ones.  I will be giving thanks for what a wonderful family and friends we have and thankful for all we have in our lives.  God bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. I used a water based , semi-gloss on my kitchen cabinets. Make sure they are very clean and dry before you start. After two coats, lightly sanded between coats, I took more paint off the edges ect. Added a antique stain and sealed. It takes time, but so worth it. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...