I am a wife, mother, sister, shopper and blogger.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bed & Breakfast or Hotel?

I was thinking about a vacation we took a little while ago and I thought it might be interesting to find out where people like to stay, Bed & Breakfast or Hotels.  We have been to a few Bed & Breakfast's and we enjoy them so much.  They are usually interesting and have stories behind them.  I have a brother in law that only will stay in Hotels, I think he should at least try a Bed & Breakfast first before he makes up his mind don't ya think.

Welcome to the Angel of the Sea, Victorian Cape May's most elegant bed & breakfast. Located one half block from the beach in the quiet East end of town, the Angel offers the discriminating traveler a chance to experience the charm of a bygone era while enjoying an array of modern amenities.


Each of their 27 guestrooms at the Angel, is uniquely furnished in Victorian style and each room has its own private bath. About a quarter of their rooms have ocean views, but all guests have access to common porches and balconies that wrap around the front of our twin houses. Every room at the Angel has cable television and wireless Internet access is offered to all of our guests. Books and magazines are available in our common areas, as well as a selection of board games.  We had a wonderful time!  I believe we went in the fall.  The food was delicious.  It was our first experience at a B & B.




Every day at between 3 & 4 there was cocktails and apps.  The lady who ran the Inn told stories of how this place was two different houses and they moved one to attach to the other house.

Our second B & B was on Cape Cod, Ma. This was a beautiful home as well. I do have pictures of that trip.



Front of the house.

Back of house.

Going down to the beach.

Living Room



Dining room where they served Breakfast.

The food was delicious!  We met another couple that was actually from King of Prussia, PA. only a few miles from where we lived.  It is a very small world. 

We took a day trip to Nantucket, which I just loved.  The streets in town are cobble stone.  It is such a quaint island.  It was delightful.

These little cottages were built on the water for the fisherman.  They would stay there between trips out.


Quaint streets of Nantucket





Then we went to Martha's Vineyard.  This island was larger and a little more commercial. 


The Center of town.  We did take a bus tour while we were there.  I asked the young man who was selling the tickets if he ever saw Carly Simon?  His reply was, "she is my neighbor".  I was only joking when I said it, but he was serious!



Black Dog Tavern

On our drive home from the Cape, we decided to stop for one night in Providence Rhode Island.
That was an amazing place.  We stayed in this beautiful mansion, which was first owned by bootleggers many many years ago.

The Stella Maris Inn





They even let me sail the boat!



All in all, it was a wonderful week!  It is so nice to get away just the two of us. 

Well, now tell me, where do you like to stay when you go away?

Susan




8 comments:

  1. My preference has always been to stay at a hotel but after looking at these pictures, you may have just changed my mind!! ;-)

    Happy Monday Darling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful trip! I love how quaint Nantucket is and I loving your Lilly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like hotels--too much dirty stuff in them. ICK. We don't travel anyway so no matter. We usually go places where family lives and stay with them.

    Your pictures are marvelous! And I imagine the B&Bs are very clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all incredible! I think B&Bs are fabulous, but it all depends on the trip. There are certain times when a hotel would be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, what an amazing vacation you've had. I have to say that I am a hotel person. I just don't always fit the traditional hours of the homeowner and wouldn't want to wake up any poor soul at midnight. We lived beside a gorgeous B&B for a few years and you are not alone in your love of them. The place was packed 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you Pretty Lady!!!

    I love the new look, awesome!!

    I hope you are having a blessed week-
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. B&B any day! Also, your pics were so much fun to see! This southern girl has had the opportunity to visit the Cape and Nantucket on two separate occassions. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely prefer a B&B! Your pictures are absolutely fabulous :) Love the pic of you in the wicker couch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...